Get ready, Michigan. GreenGeeks is sponsoring WordCamp Grand Rapids 2019, and we’ll be there in person to hand out some awesome green swag.
This year, WordCamp Grand Rapids is held at the L William Seidman Center at Grand Valley State University. This one-day event comes with a collection of some great talks from small business information to using the WordPress API between sites.
Our very own Patrick Henderson is manning the booth. So, feel free to stop by and say “hi,” ask a few questions or grab some GreenGeeks swag.
Of course, there’s nothing wrong with doing all three.
What to Expect at WordCamp Grand Rapids
Although the WordCamp in Grand Rapids is a single-day event, there are some interesting talks going on. If you have a love of WordPress, or just starting with your own personal blog, you’ll find the sessions to be worth the visit.
- How to Market Your Small Business for Little to No Cost
Kim Smith dives into the session teaching attendees small business strategies to help attract more customers. She’ll even show you free and low-cost tools to help achieve your goals.
- Talking to Other Sites with the WP HTTP API
In this session, Topher DeRosia will deliver what the HTTP API can do for you in terms of integrating data between websites. Part of this talk also includes a closer look at code snippets to see how it all works.
- Creating and Using Systems to Better Manage Your WordPress Website
Cindy Bidar will share best practices for development as well as providing methods to help train a team on your systems.
- Getting Started as an Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketing can do wonders if it’s implemented correctly. Kelly McCausey will give you steps to take to drive your success.
- Recycling Your Content: How Better Strategy and Automation Serves Your Clients and Save You Time
Recycling and repurposing content is greatly beneficial for a myriad of reasons. Jeff Large will break down various practices to help you take that aspect of content marketing further with greater results.
These are only some of the many sessions you can attend at WordCamp Grand Rapids. I wouldn’t mind sitting in on a few of them myself.
Fun Facts About Grand Rapids and Michigan
Every city has interesting facts and moments throughout history. So while you’re in Grand Rapids, make sure you stop and take a look around. You never know what you’ll come across.
- In 2012, GQ Magazine stated MadCap Coffee as providing the best cup of tea in America.
- Grand Rapids is home to 28 public golf courses all within 15 minutes of the downtown area. This places Grand Rapids among the top for golf courses per capita in the United States. Grab your clubs!
- Michigan holds the title as the 3rd-largest producer of apples in the United States. Make sure you grab a few before heading off to WordCamp.
Grand Rapids is a large city as it is home to more than 1.4 million people. And with a diverse culture, you can find a bit of everything here.
Off to Michigan and WordCamp Grand Rapids 2019!
As we’ll have a booth available at WordCamp, we hope that you’ll stop by. And although I won’t be attending in person, my spirit will be there with Patrick. It’ll be a great day full of WordPress goodness.
Thank you to everyone who makes these WordCamps possible. We’ll see you soon!